Monday, February 1, 2010

Spinning!!

I just got new spin shoes and I'm very excited to use them. I've been taking a spin class since the end of the summer of 2009. I was getting really bored with my work out and needed to mix it up a bit. So I started going back to a spin class. I took one before I had Hunter at another gym and really enjoyed it then, so I thought I would give it a shot again. Well, I've grown to just love it! I met a lady named Lily and a man named Charles in my class. I became friends with them and we all ride next to one another on the same bikes every class. (we laugh quite a bit about how routine we are) Charles gets there early and saves bikes for Lily and myself. For a while now, I've been eyeing spin shoes and just couldn't bring myself to purchase them. Something higher on the priority list would get in the way, so I would put them off thinking my tennis shoes are just fine. Well, I came to spin the other day and saw that the "spin fairy" left me a card and inside I found a gift card to Bike to Nature and a 20% off coupon to go with it. I thought I was going to cry. Lily and Charles have grown kids of their own and know how hard it is sometimes to "treat" yourself. After all was said and done, I only paid 23 bucks out of my own pocket for these shoes. And if you don't know how much these things cost, in my opinion, they should have been gold-dipped. :) I was completely taken back by this grand gesture of friendship from them. It's so different to be on the receiving end of something so nice from friends- I will truely never forget this experience. I know it's just spin shoes, but it was a lot more than that to me. Yay! I'm very happy not only with the shoes, but for the people I choose to surround myself with- There are such beautiful people in this world!


I love them! Bike to Nature also installed my clips on the bottom for me.

I've been told that my ride will be so much better with these. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Frances said...

That was so kind of them...what a treat. I've been afraid to go to spin classes here for some reason. I've done them before I just worry I'm way too out of shape and they'll kill me. I've been going to zumba though. I feel ridiculous doing some of the dances...shakin' my booty...but it's a good workout!

Jaime said...

Frances, spinning is awesome. It did, however, take a few weeks to get over my butt soreness even with a seat pad! See, spinning is stationary- I can do that! I wish I had enough guts to go do zumba, but, alas, I was not born with coordination.

Partyof9 said...

Woohoo!
You know, I have never taken a spinning class in ALL my years of gym memberships!
I think I would probably keel over dead. lol

Welcome to the blog world!!!!

~April