Monday, February 8, 2010

I Can't Believe I Have An 8 Year Old!

Today Corbin turns 8 years old! Where has the time gone?! I just can't believe we've gotten to this point. WOW. We celebrated his birthday yesterday after church with the family. Corbin will be having a party in the coming weeks, but we wanted to wait until after this Saturday to start planning a party. This Saturday Corbin will be baptized- we are all very excited about this milestone in his life.


Corbin screamed with joy when he opened this gift! His favorite character in Star Wars is Yoda and tried to get me to buy this Yoda "pillow" (what mom calls it b/c we don't buy stuffed animals anymore) It was the best surprise for him, I think!


Isn't it funny what boys go crazy over? Anything ugly and monster looking- this was from Leah, Jake, Hayden, and Anna. Their gifts are always a hit! Got another happy scream from this one.


There's a story behind this DS game. Hayden got it for Christmas and Corbin played it and decided that he loved it. So he decided to save all his earned money over a course of several weeks to get this. Well, when he finally had enough, we couldn't find it. Anywhere. But as luck would have it, I found it hidden behind a different game at Target the other night. SCORE! He was so happy with this one too, I let him stay up a few extra minutes to give a go! (this kid is assessed - in his words- with video games)


It's always fun to attempt a group picture. This one actually turned out decent. :)


This is (I can bet money on this) that this will be the last year I get Corbin to sit on my lap. Yes, I know, let go.


Classic Corbin face. I laughed when I saw this one.

I think Corbin had a good time- a nice, memorable night. Today, I'm going to have lunch with him at school and take popsicles to his class to share at lunchtime. Happy Birthday to my sweet boy!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I can't believe you have a 8 year old either! Happy Birthday Corbin! Great pics! Looks like he had a blast!

The Wilsons said...

Happy Birthday Corbin! Can't wait to see you Saturday! We gotta make sure we get some good group pictures of ya'll Saturday before the baptism!

spunkyduckling @ cute pencil toppers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.