Monday, February 22, 2010

In Recent News

Dane's Family Birthday Party-

Dane totally racked up on gifts, which is ridiculous for someone his age, but he had a good time and he was Papa's buddy the entire afternoon/evening! He made a beeline for "pop pop" and wanted to be everywhere he was.
I'm not a photographer (obviously)but this was Dane's YAY! So cute!
He was doing the funniest things with his hands- my camera is just not fast enough to catch it.
After we sang Happy Birthday, we realized that the candles were blown out... culprit- Hayden (not Hunter, for once... I know, right?!)

My New Hair-

I got it highlighted and cut! I forgot how long it took because it takes a super long time! I'm enjoying it and I also got some new make-up. I visited the bobby brown counter (sorry, Jamie) and was introduced to their tinted mosturizer and pressed powder (which was yellow- for my skin tone- I thought it was funny.) Jamie, these are my new "must-have" Wednesday thing you do on your make up blog. I didn't have to touch up at all for the entire day AND it gave my face this silky smooth look and it wasn't a different color than my neck. Matt told me with my hair and make up that I look that one of those dolls that you order to look like yourself... Never heard that one, but I'll take it! :)
Do you like my alluring look into the camera? Should I have made kissy lips instead?

Corbin Lost His Second Top Tooth-


I thought this picture was so funny! True to Corbin! I also finally told Corbin this morning that there was no tooth fairy or Easter Bunny, but Santa was still real. I didn't think I could drop a bomb like that yet. But I went through all this trouble to write a note in fancy lettering and then I forgot the coin. *sigh* Corbin was so upset about the coin that I gave him a dollar for the school store- and most of you know how I feel about the school store. He kept ranting about the coin and asked me to email the tooth fairy people to complain about Casper- the fairy that worked last night. (that's how I told him we communicated) I finally just told him. He looked at me and tried not to crack a smile. He's known- I think he just didn't want to admit it because he wants money still. I told him that I would buy his teeth from him from now on. His reply- "Why would you want to buy my teeth?" Then I said,"Um, Corbin, I've been doing it all along." Corbin- "oh yeah." So I guess that went pretty well.

Corbin's Birthday Party at the Bowling Alley

So Corbin had his 8th Birthday party at the bowling alley. We waited until after the baptism so that he wouldn't focus on this more than anything. And instead of presents this year, we decided to collect canned/dried food goods to donate to the local food pantry in town. I'm proud of Corbin for wanting to do this!
This wasn't all the kids, just a few at the table.
This is Corbin and his best buddy Nick!
Corbin wanted me to leave him alone- I kept calling out his name to get him to look at me. Still didn't work.
These cupcakes were made by Jessica Whetstone. They turned out so good and Corbin thought they were so cool- all the kids wanted the handle part of the light sabers.
We had a great turn out to the bowling party and Corbin's friends were very generous! This box was so HEAVY, Matt wouldn't have been able to get this back in the van w/o Mom's roller thing. We're delivering the food to LICS today. :)

**UPDATE** We delivered the food today and it weighed in at 122.5 lbs. Way to go Corbin and friends!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

No apologies needed Jaime! I do have other makeup myself other than MAC! I've personally never tried BB but know some people that really like it! I'm just glad you found something that works for you! And your hair is GORGEOUS! It suits you so well! You look so pretty in that pic! I'm glad to see the boys had great birthdays! love ya!

Partyof9 said...

You guys have had some fun lately!!!

I haven't tried Bobby Brown makeup{yet}. I am usually at the Clinique or MAC counters.I have heard they have some wonderful lipstick. I just don't wear alot of makeup. I haven't ever worn foundation. I am not sure if that is a good thing or bad?! lol
Now that I am almost 39...maybe it's time!
Your hair is darling and makes you look even younger than you already looked. heehee
I am on the lookout for a salon. I need a trim/style and some coloring in my hair.BADLY!

I love thos cupcakes for Corbins birthday. So neat! My boy's would LOVE those. I think it's neat that you collected food at his party. Was that instead of gifts? Either way, it's an awsome idea.

Jaime said...

April- The food was in place of presents. What kid needs 20+ presents? When we have b/day parties from now on for any of my kids, we will find some place to give to instead. I don't use foundation either. It makes my face feel so heavy. I got a tinted moisterizer that is sooo light and it evens out skin tone beautifully. I just add pressed powder and that's it! And- You are not 39! I never would have guessed that!