Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Whiner McWhiner

I've been doing this a lot lately.  I've caught the whining bug from my kids.  I feel terrible that my husband has had to endure me over these last months, so instead of calling him and ugly crying into the phone, I turn to the interweb.  I'm not a great pregnant person.  I don't glow.  I don't have a perma-smile.  I'm lucky if I dry my hair and actually put street clothes on.  I'm walking sorta pigeon-toed these days because of the pain.  I've become seriously neurotic (more so than when I'm not pregnant).  My hips pop all the time.  My stress levels are off the charts (it all should have been done yesterday).  The third trimester nausea is seriously going to do me in.  My mind has so many grand plans, but my body won't sync with it.  I want to drink Dr. Pepper all the time, but I don't want my baby turning into a caffeine dependent high strung crying thing.  There's only room for one of those in our house and I sit comfortably on that throne right now.  Fighting the exhaustion is exhausting.  I'm swelling.  I can't wear my wedding ring anymore **tear**.  Spider veins. ew.  I just want to feel human again...**Deep breath in... aaannnd exhaling**

So now that I've let off some steam, these words have been on loop in my head all day long, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can."  Sometimes this phrase ends in question marks, other times exclamation points.  Sometimes it comes in a whisper, sometimes in a shout.  But one thing is certain.  I can and will make it through.  Life is good.  We are blessed.  Soon, we will have Talon and this time will be a distant memory.  I still don't feel any different than I did at the beginning of this post.  I still hurt and stress and worry, but I can deal.  I know I can, I know can, I know I can.   

4 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

It was good to see you tonight!

If it makes you feel any better, I rarely dry my hair or fix it... We go shower to ponytail. And street clothes? I think I've driven the kids to school in my pj's everyday for the past week... I did try to change before I had to pick them up though. :)

Amy said...

I know you said you don't think you "glow," but you've always look SO adorable and gorgeous as a pregnant lady! 3rd trimester is HARD. Period. Looks like you're doing a great work, though! Definitely agree with what you said before about the Lord trusting you with four little boys! He knows what he's doin! ;)

Jamie said...

You can, you can and you will! Love you

Stephen said...

I know you can, I know you can, I know you can...and I love and miss you so much. Hang in there. Yo mama-in-law