Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Girl's Overnighter

My friend Chrissy and I recently went on an overnight trip to Charlotte, NC.  So. Much. Fun!  We raided IKEA, Homegoods, and the South Park Mall where there was an Anthropolgie, Pottery Barn, and some other stores that were way overpriced.  We got lost trying to find the van Friday night (at the mall), so we approached a security guard who actually drove us to our vehicle because of my "condition".  Yay for being pregnant (for once)!  So come to find out Usher and Akon were in the Mall when we were.  It was actually really dead for a Friday night and I seriously wouldn't have been surprised to find out that I walked right by them without noticing.  I was a woman on a mission that weekend and shopping tends to block out everything else. :)  Chrissy and I didn't get to bed until the wee hours of the morning, so I was blown away to find myself waking up after 9 am on Saturday morning.  Whoa!  That seriously hasn't happened since my Rick's Days.  We got ready relatively quickly because we were approaching check out time and I know Matt wouldn't have been very happy with me if I got another night charged on the bill for over sleeping...  So off we went... to....  IKEA!  I love that place!  I love their prices.  I love their cafeteria...  I love their bathrooms.  I went there with a purpose though.  I've been in the process of re-doing the boys' bedroom to accomodate all 3 of them.  So far so good.  I'll post pictures of the finished product soon.  We're on the last leg of completion.  They will actually move in there this weekend.  yay!  Then onto getting the baby's room put back together... and then onto the playroom... okay I've gone off on a couple tangents...   So girl's vacation.  Great shopping, great company, great eating, and great spending!  Couldn't have asked for a better break!!

Our haul.  It was quite impressive if I may say so myself.  There was a significant amount of planning and preparation that went into this trip, by the way. :)

2 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

So fun! I definitely want to see pictures of the finished product.

Anonymous said...

So fun--wish I could have come. Glad you got some great things.