Thursday, March 3, 2011

Drum Roll Please....

Today was the ultrasound for Baby #4.... da, da, da, da, daaaaa (I couldn't figure out how to spell a drum roll) We're having another BOY! Yes, we all know that a little girl would have been great, but I have developed a profound sense of gratitude with the coming of this news. I knew in the depths of my mind that this was going to be a boy, but I hung onto hope of a little girl (plus, I get so distracted by those cute hairbows little girls wear). When the technician said "he" I felt... honored. Shocked too. But really, really honored that Heavenly Father would trust me with another of His sons to raise during increasingly trying times here on Earth. My boys are going to be future Priesthood holders, missionaries, Husbands, Fathers, upstanding citizens... That's a lot to think about and a big job to undergo, but one with purpose! It brings me great happiness to know that the Lord has confidence in my abilities as a mother and confidence in Matt as a Father and roll model for these guys. I look forward to what's to come and I am excited to meet my new guy in the next few months!

3 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

Jaime you are awesome. Seriously. amazing. I love your perspective, I've never thought of it that way, but you are right. so so right. Thank you for instilling in me a greater appreciation for my guys.

Frances said...

Oh man! Or should I say Oh Boy!

I was at the park with the kids yesterday and there was a boy there about age 10 or so. His brothers and sisters kept calling him Tally. My ears perked and I wanted to find out what his name was but I didn't ask because I didn't want to seem creepy. So, I just stared at him the whole time instead.

Jaime said...

@Kassie- No, you are awesome! I want to be like you when I grows all up!

@Frances- Tally would have been what we were gonna call the girl. It's Talon, now. :) And call me creep, nosey, whatever... I would have asked.