Friday, March 4, 2011

A Random Funny

I usually post funny sayings of the kids on the side panel, but I just had to share this one. The boys are getting used to the idea of having another boy added to the mix. They desperately wanted a sister... at least Corbin and Hunter did. Dane doesn't care, I don't think. Anyways- Corbin and I were studying together for a Science Test last night and we took a break for a minute... This is how the conversation went:

Corbin: What are you going to name the baby?

Me: Well, we've decided to name him Talon Barrett. Did you know where Barrett came from?

Corbin: Where?

Me: Well, since Daddy likes guns so much, he got it from a gun called the Barrett 50 caliber.

Corbin: Blankness in his face

Corbin: What does "Talon" mean? It sounds familiar.

Me: Talon is like the claw of an Eagle, ya know. (I'm laughing now because his face is so distorted from hearing this information)

Corbin: Why would you give the baby such a violent name?! You named him after an Eagle claw and a gun?

Me: Well, it's a cool name and we didn't name your brother after an Eagle claw... What should we have named him?

Corbin: Claude Fedrick Wilson. (My late grandpa's name)

I just enjoyed this little conversation. It made me see how really tender Corbin is under his facade of testosterone. He loves his brother already and said to me that he is glad that Talon will be with us soon. He and Hunter are even talking to my tummy now. Hunter calls him some weird made up name with an Indian sound to it. I know, kids are weird, but fun!

1 comments:

Frances said...

So can we call him Eagle Claw Pistol Wilson?

I just kid because I really do like the name!