Wednesday, July 28, 2010

YOU GOTTA FIGHT... FOR YOUR RIGHT.... TO PARRRTAY!

So Hunter had his family birthday party about a week ago and we had a good time! Hunter requested Super Mario Brothers cupcakes, got some good presents including, motorcycles and monster trucks from Leah and the gang, a train set (which Dane has currently confiscated) from Nana and Papa, a bucket of soldiers from Uncle Jeff, Gormittis from Corbin and Dane, and the mother of all gifts- a Nintendo DS XL from Matt and Me. We rounded off the festivities with none other than a pinata. We are always looking for an excuse to hit something and then get candy for doing it! :) I would also like to pat myself on the back for making homemade pizzas- they were really good and in the end, we only had a couple of slices left over!
Birthday boy blows out his candles!
Are these not the coolest cupcakes, evah! Jessica Whetstone made these for us and I must say, she did a fantastic job! The kids could not keep away from them.
Hunter chose Mario, of course.
Hunter with his new Nintendo DS XL (along with a new MarioKart game)- I know, before scoffing ensues, he really can play the games and he was already trying to monopolize Corbin's DS (much to his dismay). It was a stellar investment but now instead of fighting over the DS, they fight over the games now. **As a side note- I will be creating a DS library system so that these guys have to check out the game from me so I'm not reduced to braining them.**Who can resist a pinata?! We look for any kind of excuse it seems to get one! I got lots of pictures of the kids hitting it, but I've decided to make this post just about Hunter. And yes, that is a long sleeve shirt in the middle of July. I believe he woke chilly from his nap, so Matt let him put on a long sleeve shirt. It was his birthday, whatever.

1 comments:

Jamie said...

How cute...I love those cupcakes! J.W.is awesome! Hunter is so handsome...and we have a pinata at all our parties too! The kids love it!