Sunday, July 11, 2010

Playing at Broad River


We had an impromptu outing to the Broad River in downtown Columbia yesterday (7/11/10). I can't believe I've never gone down there after living here my entire life! It was fun and it reminded me of how we've gotten over the "hump" and seem to have some extra flexibility in doing more with the kids without having to pack like crazy to do something like this.

I LOVE this picture of Corbin and Hunter. Brotherly love... for the moment. :)

Dane especially had a great time at Broad River. Watching him climb the rocks and stand there alone made me nervous, but also happy that he's able to hang with his big brothers. He was so excited to be out there by himself. I called his name when he was out there and he said, "cheese" as I snapped this picture.






Matt and his mini me- I love this picture! Hunter was the first out on the rocks.




Corbin took this picture of us. Wished we had someone out there with us to snap a photo of all of us. Corbin took a good picture though. :)


My boy-o's on the river. This is another favorite of mine. Feeling pretty fortunate right about now.


... And if I become the 2010 Miss River Rock I will stand here every Saturday as a statue to represent all of those women who don't shower, sport greasy, pulled backed root-showing hair and walk the streets in 2 day old worn jean shorts, a super low cut t-shirt, and barefoot (hopefully not pregnant). heh! heh!


We finally decided to go, so Matt had to help all of us over and through the water. It wouldn't have mattered if we would have brought our swimsuits and towels... next time though! Hunter and Dane did not escape getting pretty wet though, so to avoid driving home, we hopped over to Richland Mall and made a quick stop at the clearance rack at Gymboree and continue on our "STAY TRIP" around town going to docks, checking out trails, buying boiled peanuts from a strange man, getting ice cream and rounding the day off with a new Wii Resort game ala daddy.


Next on the Wilson agenda... Hunter's 4th Birthday!

2 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

What a fun little day trip! I would be so nervous about the kids in the river though!!! :)

Christi said...

You look totally hot in that pic of just you! The gym is paying off!