Thursday, October 14, 2010

Trauma, Melodrama, and Angst sprinkled with a little bit of WAAAHHHH!

I'm a walking cliche. Yes, I do believe I am. I'm posting today because tomorrow I will sink into that abyss of Friday, October 15th, to wallow and cry, eat some California Dreaming while dreaming of days of yore as I inhale that strawberry daquiri that I get once a year when I go... Then I will emerge on Saturday, October 16th- dare I say it??!.. Th- Thi-Thir-Thirt- THIRTY!!! To quote a wise man named Kanye (uh-hem), "Now that don't kill me can only make me stronger"... that said, this ordeal will not kill me and I will (eventually) get over this and move on with my good life.

But today, I will dread and cry myself puffy and complain and be dramatic because I can and I will! In all seriousness, this is a hard pill for me to swallow. Turning 30 to me is a marker of sorts. I'm officially "marked" as an adult now. Do I feel 30? I don't know. All I know is that it feels unreal. 18 was yesterday for heaven's sake!! I mean I just turned 29 five minutes ago! I just. can't. accept. it... Today (or tomorrow) at least.

According to society, I'm way ahead in the game of life. I have a good life- great husband, awesome kids, a nice house... It really is charmed. But I think the "mark" reminds me of what I personally have not done. Questions that I have about myself, I feel, should have been answered during my twenties... but they haven't. I'm thirty and I still don't know anything! I need more time to figure stuff out. Thirty marks being a real grown up as I said earlier. I should have my stuff together so I can enjoy and coast the rest of the way through my mortal life. Maybe my expectations are completely unrealistic and maybe I just need to let go and let it be. I will, but not today. I need today... and tomorrow... and then I'll be good. Aaannnnnnd scene.

3 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

You're silly. If you have all your stuff together by thirty, what are you going to do as you get older? And if 30 is the deadline, I sure missed it. Hope you have a fabulous day tomorrow!

Andy and Melissa said...

I totally understand... thirty seems way worse than 40 for me, because there seems to be such a difference between 20 and 30... but then again, my husband is over thirty, and he isn't all that old. I guess once I am there I will realize it isnt really that old, and then it will feel ok. I dont know.

Anonymous said...

Quit worrying about your age and live life and enjoy it!! The older you get, the better it gets -I promise!!!

Love you - mom