Thursday, July 2, 2009

Swim Day!



Everyday is water day at our house. It has become our afternoon activity to get the boys outside and get rid of some of their energy. They love it and look forward to it everyday. It is a nice, cheap way to have something to do. Matt purchased a Coleman tent with an spf 50 in the fabric so I don't have worry about sunscreen all the time. I hate putting it on though I know it's necessary. Side note: Hunter went to the bathroom using the potty yesterday on his own. He was playing in the bathtub and began to fuss saying he had to potty. I pulled him out and helped him up, but he wouldn't go. So I took him to his room to get dressed for bed and he said he wanted to go back to the potty. So I followed him and I helped him up and he hesitated a little, but I told him it was okay to go and he went. He was so proud of himself, as was I. We did a happy dance and gave eachother thumbs up! So far this morning he is staying dry. I told him to tell me when he needed to go potty. Hopefully since I gave the control back to him, maybe he'll be able to do this without pressure. Fingers crossed.

4 comments:

Mikelene said...

Yay! I can post a comment!
Hunter potty trained = AWESOME.
Fabric with built-in SPF = AWESOME.
Finding an activity that uses up little boys' energy = THE AWESOMEST (is that a word? oh well)

Mikelene said...

Oh yeah, almost forgot:
Did Corbin build a bomb? :)

Jaime said...

No, he got to build a picnic caddy (boring)ha ha ha!

Christi said...

I love that you have a blog now! Your pics are too small though.
I wish we had a pool. I think we need to get one so I don't have to load us up in the car every time I want to take Owen out. We have one of those tents too! I was wondering why the spf was made such a big deal on the packaging. Now I know!