Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Oldest baby is 9!

So in all my busy glory, I didn't do Corbin's birthday post yesterday. Corbin turned 9 years old and I'd say we had yet another successful birthday. We began pre-birthday celebrations on Sunday at my mom's house for dinner. Corbin requested spaghetti for his birthday meal, so we feasted on that. We sang Happy Birthday and he got lots of presents. He was very happy with his haul. Yesterday, we went to Target to spend his gift cards and money he got. He bought another DS game... I know, right?! So after wreaking havoc in Target, we ended the evening at Ruby Tuesdays for Corbin's real birthday dinner. He got his very own 7 oz steak, brocolli, mozzarella sticks, grapes, and cleansed his palet with vanilla ice cream and extra cherries on top. Yep, he ate it all! In between courses, he played his new Pokeman game and was in Heaven! (We never let him play at the table anywhere) He looked up at me and said, "Mama, this is the best day of my life!" SUCCESS! So, to round out the celebrations, Dane and I came up to the school to have a belated birthday lunch with Corbin and let him share a treat with his classmates. Popsicles, of course- he got several pats on the back for that. :) Meredith (his cute little girlfriend) came and sat with us. She was his chosen guest. And finally, in two days time, Corbin and Hunter will be heading off to the happiest place on Earth- Disney World! Nana and Papa had an urge and decided to take the four oldest grandkids with them. Can't fight those urges. :) So Happy Birthday to my darling boy, Corbin! Glad you had a great 9th celebration and cheers to many more! Mom loves you more than bunnies!

0 comments: