Friday, January 28, 2011

A Summary

Is January already over with?! I can not believe it! I'm going to vow to be better at blogging. I realize I don't have to have anything epic to write on and I attempts at comedy are usually futile so...

January in a wrap up session:

We spent the first days of January in Warner Robins with Matt's family. A good time was had by all.

I did my usual volunteering at the school and helped with duty-free lunch. I always like going and hanging out with Corbin's class at lunch. Kids are soooo gross, but always entertaining to say the least.

The weekend of January 8 brought us a little snow, which cancelled school for Monday and then Tuesday, don't forget Wednesday... and Thursday! Friday was school holiday and so was the following Monday. So let's count. 10 days of no school right after they got off of winter break. It wasn't so bad, but the 10th-13th, we were pretty much housebound. The 3 or so inches of snow we got on Monday actually froze over and made the outside conditions less than functional- at least here in SC. EVERYTHING was shut down. Have mercy. I know that the boys got cabin fever, but we managed. We had lots of food and we stayed warm. They played out in the snow on Monday and no, I'm not prepared for this type of weather. I put plastic bags on their feet to keep them water-proof and we had no gloves so we gave them hand warmers. Baaaaddd, I know. I will be prepared next time.

I've been feeling really run down physically. I had a little burst of energy that last about a week and then that whole feeling like I got hit by a truck came back. I could sleep where I stood. I fell asleep all the time whenever I got a free minute. I felt like I took sleep aids and was fighting the sleep that they are supposed to bring. Miserable, I tell ya. So, it all came to a head around the 20th. Taking a shower and minding my business, started feeling a little nauseated and then these pretty black spots started filling my vision. Next thing I know, I'm waking up on the floor of my stand up only shower with my arm hanging out of the open door. My elbow was bleeding and I couldn't even gather a thought. I stood up and finished my shower (a little freaked out to say the least) and then I later that morning, I ended up at the doctor b/c I felt so terrible! To sum it all up- nothing was wrong. Everything was fine. Blood counts, urine, everything. Chalked it up to low blood pressure. ok. At least I can feel it coming and do something to stop it now. In other baby news- went for my 16 week appointment yesterday and everything is going well. I've gained like 4 pounds total according to my chart, baby has a good strong heartbeat and on March 3rd, we find out what we're having! Exciting times.

The boys are doing really well. Dane has become quite the dirty little fighter. He jammed Hunter's finger and can pretty much hold his own in a brawl. He's all about Scooby-Doo and Tom and Jerry. He's really into mega blocks right now. He loves nursery at church. And he likes to pretend that he is a puppy- we are forced to call his food "puppy food". I will start potty training him after I finish this set of diapers. He's beyond ready to train, I've just been a little unmotivated.

Hunter is thriving in pre-school. He knows his address and phone number. He loves a little girl name McKayla because she is so pretty. :) He is all about his muscles and wants so desperately to have big ones. This need has caused him to randomly drop to the ground and pump out some push ups. Hilarious. He's serios too, though. The other day, I came into the living room to find him with his legs on the couch while he was busy pumping out some push ups on the floor. I didn't teach him any of this, but if that helps with the testerone I'm not gonna knock it. He is also obsessed with wearing the double shirt look (long sleeve shirt under the short sleeve shirt). You're only cool if you wear 2 shirts according to the book of Hunter. And jeans. Only jeans. And if they're torn in the knee all the better. Those are his only preferences, so I'm okay. I'll draw the line at black eye liner. Hunter is sick right now. First time all season. Crazy fevers, no appetites, and lethargy. No push ups to report for that last couple of days... but he did report to me that the whole in his armpit is getting deeper (when he flexes) LOL!

Corbin is so over 3rd grade. He is enjoying his class this year though. He has a good teacher and I like that she is nice, but no nonsense. He has a girlfriend named Meridith. They were in 1st grade together too. He said that her friends get mad at her because she always wants to talk to him at lunch instead of them. It's only 3rd grade, so I'm not gonna sweat it for right now. She a cute kid and she hugs me every time I come to the class. I'm a sucker, I know. Corbin quit wrestling- just wasn't his thing. I think he's more of a lover, not a fighter. ;) He has joined the scout troop in our ward though. We've been bad about taking him and after some thought, Matt and I have decided to give the scouting program another go. Corbin is really into Italian ice right now for snacks. Outside of eating and sleeping (and when he doesn't get it taken away) he is playing his ds and wreaking havoc. :)

I was supposed to write a short blog entry, but I guess that didn't work out. We're good, happy, and healthy (except for Hunter right now). Matt has become a work out god and health food fanatic- which I will not knock. I'm very proud of him and he looks great! I even gave him his own shelf in the fridge so his food won't get lost in the shuffle. Take care to everyone!

0 comments: