Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Grandpa Died

Last week, my Grandpa died very suddenly. My heart is broken because he has been a part of my life since I was a baby. I have so many wonderful memories of him and my Grandma. My Grandma passed away about 6 years ago and I still miss her everyday. My only solace is that I know that they are together and I will see them again one day. These last few years were hard without Grandma, but Grandpa was always happiest with the great-grand kids. I'm glad that they were able to have time with him and know him.


Claude Lee Fedrick
February 23, 1927 - January 13, 2010

5 comments:

Christi said...

I was so sad to hear about this on Sunday! Your stories of your grandpa always made me laugh! Especially the ones where he had a dirty mouth! I'm sure your grandma is glad to have him back by her side!

Jaime said...

Yeah, but during these last years he softened up a lot and didn't really used bad words(because of the kids, I think). :) I sure do miss him- it still doesn't feel real to me.

Jamie said...

Aww sweetie! I've been thinking about you since that day that I spoke with you! I love what you said about him being with your Grandma! I know it was a glorious moment for the two of them! Love you!

Mikelene said...

What a fun picture! Sending you a giant ((HUG)). Love you!

Jaime said...

Thanks Mikelene and Jamie!

I thought this picture was so funny! The kids sat still for about 10 seconds and I was able to get this one. My mom has a good more structured one. Love you guys too!!