Monday, September 21, 2009

MY VERY FIRST MUD RUN!

Okay- so this past Saturday I ran in a Marine Corp sponsored Mud Run. Not just any run- a get down and forget all you've been taught about being clean and go kind of run. I've been working really hard to get back into shape so I thought when the opportunity arose to join a team, I thought it would be a neat experience to add to the very few that I've had so far. IT WAS EXHILARATING! IT WAS FUN! IT WAS MESSY! IT WAS HARD!... BUT SO WORTH IT! I felt such a sense of accomplishment when we finished. It was 4.2 miles of running, climbing, swimming, swinging, and jumping through a wooded trail of obstacles and lots 'o mud and water! I'm not too sore and just walked away with a minor cut near my knee. There were so many ambulances there-people were breaking bones and turning ankles left and right. Oh, and we finished the course in 1 hour 18 mins. We probably could have finished faster because some of the obstacles were a little congested at times, but I didn't mind the few breathers that I was able to have. So here are some pictures to give a little of idea of what we did.



All smiles in the beginning (I quit smiling as soon as we made the turn into the woods though)....



I was seriously thinking I was going to throw up because my quads were on fire!!!



My hair was PLASTERED with mud- we rinsed off there as much as we could but after I got home it had dryed and I had to apply conditioner before I could even wash it. Then I washed it conditioned it seriously 3 times- all worth it though- AMAZING EXPERIENCE!

8 comments:

Jamie said...

YOU=MY GOAL

Jaime said...

You are so sweet! I thought I looked terrible in all these pics. I thought I was smaller until I saw the pictures and I literally cried, but I swallowed my vain pride so that I could proud of what I was able to do and show all my friends and family. It was so fun!

Jamie said...

We are our worst critics remember! You look GREAT! I actually think I cussed at you when I saw the picture!!! Nothing too x-rated though!!! :)

Christi said...

Well, thanks for giving me a heads up! I so would have LOVED to see you in action! And I was there taking pics of MB's team so I could have gotten shots of y'all through out the course too!
But Awesome! So jealous you got to do it! I am totally making myself do it next year after baby!

Mikelene said...

First of all: you look great. Second of all: YOU ROCK!! I think it's awesome that you did the mud run. There's no way I would've made it through all that. You are a stronger woman than I!! :)

Side note: I still wanna come over and see the new paint job....

Jaime said...

You guys are so nice to me! My self esteem just went up a point.

Mikelene: You would be able to do it! You're in great shape. Yeah, we're going to do the kitchen area next. Then move onto the rooms. The boys want their rooms painted now.

Mikelene said...

You're very sweet. I feel like my body is going to mush. Gotta mix up the workout routine, but feeling no desire to. Ya know?

So, when do you want me to come over and help you paint? :)

Cassie said...

You rock, girl!