Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Bah Hum Bug, I guess!

Ya know, the holidays are supposed to be a happy time where our central focus should be on Christ. Instead, they are filled with the most extreme stress of the year for me personally. It doesn't matter if I plan to the hilt or don't plan at all, I've come to dread this time of year. I paste on my crazy smile and deal with the weird Christmas mayhem. I pretend to enjoy this time of year, but I don't. Too many presents to buy, too many expectations to fulfill, too many class parties, too many presents to buy (did I mention this already? Who cares), too many places to be, too many last minute homework that teachers want to assign before the holidays come... I could go on and on. Bah Hum Bug, I guess.


I apologize in advance... Don't mind me or my pleasant demeanor, I am who I am... or I am who my hormones dictate me to be. And right now, that mixed with my stress levels is morphing me into...


Yes, Scrooge McDuck! Please sir, can this holiday be peaceful? Please sir, can I just go to the store and shop instead of letting my shopping cart on Amazon just sit there waiting!? If I don't get my shopping out of the way soon, sir, I will implode! Please sir, can the weather warm up a little so stepping outside isn't physically painful? Please, please, please sir, throw me a friggin bone!

So now, I paste on my crazy smile and wish everyone a Merry Christmas while in my head I'm really thinking Bah Hum Bug, I guess.

1 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

I did almost all of my shopping online this year. I can count on one hand the shopping trips to the store for Christmas. :) Hang in there, not too much longer!